January 14, 2015

New Year's Resolutions


One of my New Year's resolutions this year is to waste less. In all aspects of life. Waste less time, be more green, but mostly waste less money. Cook when I could eat out, walk when I could drive, etc. 

But I think the main reason aspect of my life I want to apply this to is clothes shopping. I have so many pieces in my closet that I have had since the beginning of high school that I probably haven't touched since back when I was worrying about things like SAT scores and prom. They still fit and every time I go to throw them out I stop myself thinking maybe someday I will wear them again. So really my New Year's resolution has three steps: 

1. Use Vogue's handy chart (above) to determine what stays and what goes. 
2. Sell nicer things on eBay and other things at consignment shops.
3. Resolve to buy worthwhile pieces. Even if it means spending a little more, invest in quality items that will last and not go out of style. Waste less money on cheaper items that will damage or go out of style quickly.