January 24, 2015

Vegucated

 

When I was in NYC last weekend Emma and I were so worn out by our busy days of touring that at night all we did was peruse documentary after documentary on Netflix. Vegucated was one of them and oh my GOODNESS was it an eye-opener. I'd seen Food Inc. before, and didn't want to eat meat (or anything for that matter) for weeks after. But Vegucated was somehow even more convincing. The documentary followed one woman who recruited three random New Yorkers to try be vegan. 

They investigated some truths about the meat and food industry which were pretty disgusting, but it actually showed how these three unique people managed to incorporate a vegan lifestyle into their average days. To be honest, I don't think I could ever fully become vegan. I believe that you should eat to live and eat to be healthy, but you only live once--enjoy it! I think I would miss healthy animal foods like eggs, cheese, and other dairy products WAY too much. And I don't think I could live my life without the full variety of Linden subs. But this movie definitely gives some good examples of how you can at least cut down and be more aware of what you are putting into your body. Check it out!