January 23, 2013

The Carrie Diaries — the Next Gossip Girl?


Forever a Boston girl at heart, I’ve never been a big NYC fan. Unlike my obsessed friends, Gossip Girl never really did it for me. However, now that Gossip Girl has seen its last days and the CW has made room for a new NYC series I think I can let a little NYC into my weekly TV line-up. First of all, AnnaSophia Robb is absolutely adorable in the series’ pilot. She has the glamor and drive of Blair Waldorf minus her characteristic self-righteousness. I can already tell that my favorite part of this series is going to be the soundtrack– I am loving the 80s music throwback. And did anyone else think that Carrie’s angsty younger sister–Dorrid? Dorris? Dora, (I couldn’t figure it out either)– seemed like she could hold her own spin-off show? With the drugs, alcohol, and running away Dorr[is?] seems like the one to watch! Hope this show lives up to my expectations, ever since Desperate Housewives, One Tree Hill, and The O.C. ended my TV social calender has been devastatingly sparse.