June 22, 2011

new hobbies

Since I am not at camp this summer I am finding myself trying to stay as "busy" as possible so I won't let my mind wander towards all the fun I am inevitably missing out on at Hayward. Besides the lists of ridiculous errands I've sent myself on, I have taken up a hobby I had long abandoned: reading. I didn't realize quite how much I missed it until I got back into it; However, that's not to say that I've been reading anything particularly substantial, but it's been enjoyable nonetheless.
So far, I have read pretty much everything Ann Brashares has to offer... except I had to skip a good part of the second half of The Last Summer because it was too depressing. My Name is Memory was pretty interesting although it definitely needs a sequel because the ending was just not that satisfying. And I haven't been able to put down the final installment of The Travelling Pants.


I also think I have finally learned to appreciate the library. (Despite the fact that the books don't have the good new smell and I hate how you can't bring food in and you have to be quiet.) Next on my list is Kathryn Stockett's The Help and Jhumpa Lahiri's The Namesake.