June 11, 2014

The Tastiest Treat

Last summer a camp friend invited a bunch of us over to her house for a 48 hour time off. We had a great weekend complete with beach side bonfires and even a trip to an amusement park but one thing that stuck out to me was a DELICIOUS breakfast her mother had prepared for us.

 
French Toast Casserole. I swear it came to me in a dream a few nights before I went to camp the other day. I woke up and I knew I had to make it as soon as possible. It proved to be the perfect dish for the morning after my brother's high school graduation. Everyone was tired from the big day before and it was a beautiful sunny morning to eat out on the patio.

It's not exactly a low-carb recipe (or low-fat or low-sugar either for that matter) so it just makes it even more of a treat. Enjoy!