June 2, 2014

Sailing Sombrero

Last summer, I lost two seriously essential summer staples. 

*Moment of silence for my Jojo's Pearls and my white Vineyard Vines hat*

Hopefully they are both leading happier and more fulfilling lives down at the bottom of Spectacle Pond at Camp Hayward (although I doubt it).

So, as summer has found its way upon us once again, I have been on the hunt for a replacement hat. (The earrings were replaced as immediately as possible over my soonest time off). 

It was a toss-up between a red Red Sox hat, the same white VV, or something new entirely. 

The Sailing Sombrero.



My mom's store, the Wellesley Holiday Boutique, has been carrying Harding-Lane for a while now. While I loved the needle-pointed patterns and classic beach-prep shades, for some reason I never actually got around to trying one on. But early last week I traded my mother a few hours of work in exchange for one of the lovely caps.

I love the color, the fit, and the fact that the strap at the back is actually made of an old boat sail! And what perfect timing, considering the sun is FINALLY shining, and I'm down the cape this weekend to start my internship at Cape Cod Magazine. 

I think we will be very happy together.