November 29, 2013

The Perfect Flight Attire

I am really excited for England. 

Like REALLY excited. 

Like, there is 30 days, 2 hours, 26 minutes, and 33 seconds til I board my plane excited.
Like.... I know five other adjectives to describe how I am feeling toward my upcoming trip...
thrilled, 
enlivened,
enraptured, 
psyched.
elated...
for London.
I can't wait.

I've been doing some careful planning to determine the absolute perfect outfit to wear for this plane ride. Lauren Conrad and Emily Schuman being my main inspirations. When I was younger I was all about comfort in flight. I would wear a full sweatsuit, no makeup, and hair in a sloppy ponytail. Now I feel like it's important to be comfortable AND stylish. There's nothing worse than showing up to a beautiful vacation feeling less than glamorous. Especially after the six hour flight to London I'm really relying on the whole "look good, feel good," motto to get me through. Here's what I came up with.
After careful planning, I'm going to (SHOCK) wear my Black J.Crew Pixie Pants (aka ButtZips). Comfortable doesn't even begin to describe these pants---which lends to why I own three pairs and rarely wear anything else. They are stretchy but don't lose their stretch...ever. They also aren't quite as freely stretchy as say, a pair of WunderUnders, meaning you can wear them on Thanksgiving Day and eat your heart out and they'll still hold you together (Or so I've been told...). Also, they're black so when I inevitably spill something on them mid-flight it won't be noticeable. But most importantly, they're super chic and look totally put together even though they take zero effort at all.

 
 Next, I am going to wear a simple white tank top layered with a light sweater. Layers are KEY. I've sat on a five hour flight to Aruba under -30 degree air conditioning and frozen my butt off, but I've also sat on a flight to Syracuse and was literally suffocating due to lack of layered clothing and an overcompensation on in-flight heat. Neither were great experiences. Layers people, layers. 
I am not a big Pashmina person... but some kind of scarf seems to be essential. My mom always travels with a fluffy Pashmina in a color that will match most of the clothing shes packed. She wears it as a scarf through security but then as soon as we get in the air she whips it out as a snuggley blanket and I am ALWAYS jealous that I didn't think to bring one. Since I am more into the loopscarf trend I think I will wear my warmest one and use it as a pillow if necessary. 
The only thing I can't decide is whether to wear my Barbour coat or my North Face Parka while flying. I have this image of myself landing in London looking the part in my Barbour, also its kind of heavy so I feel like it will take up a lot of suitcase space so it might make sense to wear rather than pack. But the North Face Parka practically doubles as a giant down comforter. Decisions....

There are now 30 days, 1 hour, 59 minutes, and 9 seconds until I board. Just saying.