November 13, 2013

The Power of CAMP

Every summer at camp Bruce Netherwood, the director of Camps Burgess and Hayward presents his "Philosophy Talk," on the last night of staff training. I truly love camp more than anything else in my life. I can say with 100% certainty that I have never been happier than I am the days I spend at 75 Stowe Road, Sandwich MA, 02563. After two years away last summer I was a bliss and contentment that I didn't even remember existed within myself until I was back in the setting that it was allowed to be reborn. I remember about ten days in this past summer, calling my mom in tears, not because I was homesick like I am every single day at college, but because I was so happy to be so happy. Going to camp was the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself AND the best thing that my parents have ever done for me. I hope that those who aren't lucky enough to have had the same experiences that I did at camp can watch this video and begin to understand a little better why it is so special.