April 21, 2013

J.Crew Cafe Capri

I just bought the above J.Crew Cafe Capris in Mint Pinwheel Eyelet a few weeks ago. They were the absolute perfect pants for Easter on Cape Cod. I wore them with my favorite peplum tank, a matching mint statement necklace, and gold Jack Rogers. 

The pants were definitely a splurge for me. As I've mentioned in a previous post, my "pants drawer" generally consists of "butt-zips" (AKA the J.Crew Pixie pant), Lulu Lemon Wunder Unders, and a few pairs of dark skinny jeans. The Cafe Capris, being 1. Not-Skinny 2. A Color! and 3. Wildly patterned, are totally out of the box for me--but in a good way!! I don't remember the last time I wore pants that weren't practically skin tight and these were unbelievably comfortable!!

All my non-prep friends from Syracuse practically laughed me out of town when I showed them my new pants but hey, haters gonna hate. I'm still planning their next debut on the town. I was so happy to see this picture on Pinterest though, always looking for new ways to wear them! How would you wear the Cafe Capris?