May 24, 2013

Summer Reading: May 2013

Having time to read for fun is one of my absolute favorite parts of summer. There is nothing I love more than setting up in a sunny spot at the beach with a good book. Every summer I try to read as much as possible, mixing my list with classics like The Great Gatsby and chick lit like anything by Jodi Picoult and Nicholas Sparks. I haven't been at the beach too much since I've been home from school (with the exception of Palm Beach) but I have still managed to get quite a bit of reading done.

This book was WILD and I can't wait for the movie that will inevitably follow. I don't want to give too much away, but I can promise that this is one of those books that you cannot put down. Next on my list are Flynn's other two books Sharp Objects and Dark Places.

Elin Hilderbrand's books are the absolute perfect summer read. Being from Nantucket, Hilderbrand bases all her novels on my favorite island. The little details she adds about the main characters visiting places like Something Natural and Cisco Brewery make me that much more excited to go on our annual trip! Definitely will need to stock up on a few of these novels come Nantucket.  

This is what I am currently reading. Its definitely much better written than The Island but equally scandalous.